Monday, October 1, 2007

Week 5 - Library Elf


I visited to setup my Library Elf account. My first step was to create an account for Library Elf. I then added my library information which included my barcode and pin. I told LibraryElf where to send my information about items due. I gave my email information and requested that the notices be sent via RSS feed to my account. My choices included email only, RSS only or both email and RSS feed. I wondered how safe it was to give all this information to a third-party source, but I took one for the team and plugged in all my information. I scheduled the notices 3 days before my material were due which I felt gave me enough time to remember to finish up my readings or renew my items if possible. Now I am just waiting for the benefits. My library does offer this service already so I just did this task for double protection.

No comments: